Obituary of Marcia T. Smith
Marcia T. Smith
In no particular order, she was:
- Union organizer
- Gardener (but her plants got too dry to live)
- Dog lover (but not dog trainer)
- Good baker but not a good cook
- Needle arts aficionado (especially hand-knitted Christmas stockings, and many unfinished craft projects were left behind)
- Grudge holder (you know what you did!)
- Loyal friend
- Community theater board member
- Family caretaker
- Poor joke teller
- Voracious reader and crossword puzzler
- Movie and TV show spoiler
- Huge 76ers and Eagles fan
She was born in Pottstown, PA, on March 28, 1948, the daughter of the late G. Carlos and the late Marie (O'Neal) Trollinger, as the eldest of four daughters.
Marcia had been living in Trappe for 16 years and previously lived in Roxborough; Tampa, FL; and Pottstown after a 14-year adventure in the Poconos where her two children were born.
She worked as a registered nurse until the early 1980s when she moved into mental health treatment. From there, she put her clinical training and skills to use as a case manager for health insurance and patient advocacy companies.
Marcia was the wife of Nelson C. Gray, who predeceased her in November 2020 (not COVID-related!).
Survivors include daughter Gretchyn M. (Troy) Bailey of Lansdale, PA, and son Erik L. (Kristin) Smith of Deptford, NJ. She is also survived by her granddaughters Alexandra, Julianna, Madelyne, and Kathryn. She is also mourned by her sisters Carla Edlund, Holly Mangam, and Georgia Erb.
Marcia’s service and interment will be private.
Arrangements by Moore, Snear & Ruggiero Funeral Home, 224 West Main Street, Trappe, PA, (610) 489-7900.
300 Fayette Street
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Phone: (610) 828-0330
East Norriton Location
19 East Germantown Pike
East Norriton, PA 19401
Phone: (610) 277-1600
224 West Main Street
Trappe, Pa 19426
Phone: (610) 489-7900
- Montco FDA
- Salvation Army
- Commercial Club